Requirements to be a Cross Country or Track & Field Captain
- To value the success of the Team ahead of their own individual success.
- To be a leader and an example of how to support all teammates on and off the track.
- To help create a culture of accountability to the Team.
- Captains are required to read and understand the Team’s Guiding Principles, and meet with coaching staff at the beginning of the season to provide any feedback and changes that they feel are important.
- Captains are expected to go above and beyond to be at all practices, even when conflicts arise.
- Captains are required to attend all meets regardless of whether or not they are competing.
- Captains are expected to know the names of everyone in their respective event groups.
- If a captain(s) is not meeting these expectations, coaches reserve the right to remove them from their position.